LIMERICK PA – A shopping center proposed for the south side of the Sanatoga exit of U.S. Route 422, introduced more than a year ago as “Sanatoga Springs” and now re-named as “The Gateway At Sanatoga,” is on the Oct. 28 (2009; Wednesday) meeting agenda of the Limerick (PA) Township Zoning Hearing Board, as the project’s developer seeks several relief from zoning ordinances.
Sanatoga Interchange Associates LP, an affiliate of King of Prussia-based developer O’Neill Properties Group, has been scheduled for its zoning hearing at 6:30 p.m. in the township municipal building, 646 W. Ridge Pike, Limerick PA. The public may attend.
The complex would sit just west of the Philadelphia Premium Outlets on West Lightcap Road, and would front Evergreen Road at the Sanatoga interchange entrance to 422′s eastbound lanes. A 140,000-square-foot Costco warehouse store and accompanying gas station have been proposed for the 65-acre parcel, as well as six additional sites for retail stores, restaurants and banks, and 1,000 parking spaces.
The property currently is zoned for Limited Light Industrial (LLI) use.
According to an advertisement that was paid for by the township and appeared Monday (Oct. 12, 2009) in The (Pottstown PA) Mercury newspaper, Limerick’s publication of record for legal notices, O’Neill seeks 5 different actions:
- Interpretation. It wants confirmation that subdividing the property “will not disqualify the development from treatment under the LLI Interchange Overlay District.”
- Setbacks. It wants assurances that building setback requirements in the LLI zoning language “apply only to the development’s external setbacks” and not between lots within the project itself.
- Setback variance. If internal lots are determined to be subject to the LLI setback rules, O’Neill is asking for a waiver.
- Planting island. It wants assurance that a planting island shown on the developer’s plans complies with the zoning ordinance landscaping requirements; and
- Planting variance. If the landscape island does not comply, O’Neill is asking for a waiver.
Related (to Sanatoga interchange development):
- More Web Searches Seek ‘Sanatoga Springs’
- Board Approves Interchange Mapping Costs
- Sanatoga Springs Promotion In Flux
- Townships Agree To Interchange Planning
- Township Interviews For ‘Bigger Picture’
- Missing Walks Latest Bridge Complaint
- Trying, Trying Again At The Interchange
- Just One Speaker At Sanatoga Springs Hearing
- The Overlooked Users Of Sanatoga Springs
- County Suggests Cooperation On Sanatoga Springs
- Improving The Odds At The Interchange
- More About … Sanatoga Springs (No. 1 In A Series)
- Trial Balloon: An Inter-Municipal Agreement
- Lobbyists Court Lower Pottsgrove
- A New Arrival In “Sanatoga Springs”